Thursday, June 19, 2008

Clarence!!!


I just love the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) gets a visit from the Angel Clarence who shows George what life would have been like if he'd never been born.
Do you ever wonder what kind of impact you are making on those around you and in your sphere of influence? Do you ever wonder what kind of legacy you are leaving? I do. Sometimes I wish God would allow me to see these things (ie results) more clearly.
I sometimes feel like I'm not making a gigantic impact, but hope surely I am in little ways. It sure would be nice to see how it all fits together, and what, if anything, would be different if I wasn't a part of the lives of those around me. Would they be better off or worse off?!
In this thinking, the challenge to me is to be more intentional about making a positive impact in my friends' lives, my family's lives, my work, my church and in society in general. What more can I be doing to live out God's commandments to love others more than myself and bring people into a very personal relationship with the God of the universe?

No comments: