Saturday, February 9, 2008

Do you know who your state senator is?

so, ok, I challenge you to name your state senator. I mean, I am deeply involved in politics and it even took me a second. Mine is Doug Stoner. I am NOT a fan. and the thought of him running for president of the United States in 3.5 years is absolutely absurd. Seriously, it is comical! Well if you lived in Illinois 3.5 years ago, your state senator might have been Barack Obama. Does being a state senator (not really a tough job) and being a U.S. Senator for roughly 2 years make a person qualified? I would argue whole heartedly----no way!!! I mean, what has he managed? what tough decisions has he made with substantial life changing impact on those he represents or works for. I would strongly argue: little if any.
So what, the guy is a good speaker and ivy league educated. big deal. don't we want/need more from the 44th president of the united states than a guy that can just "talk real good" Absurd! Do I still know my country? come on, America, think. what do you value? What do you place importance on in your government? Do you value safety? security? healthcare? economic freedom? I'd love for you to think about these things as you evaluate the candidates? My candidate Mitt Romney is gone, but I am holding on wholeheartedly that he isn't gone forever, I have no doubt that he'll be back stronger than ever and ready to lead. here's hoping.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that it took me a while to remember who my state senator was, but I finally remembered that it is good ole Buddy Shaw. A friend of mine just ran for State Representative this weekend and lost by 300 votes. Ouch! This was his third unsuccessful run for statewide office. Ouch ouch!! On the Presidential front, I couldn't get too excited about any of my choices for the primary so I voted for Ron Paul. If you listen to what he says, he's actually not THAT crazy.