Monday, February 18, 2008

Biggest failure at baking EVER!

Ok, I've been trying to start baking more.....and after this story, you'll clearly see I need more practice. Yesterday, I decided to concoct my own version of an old classic: banana bread. I decided in addition to the typical add of pecans, that I would also add mini choc chips and peanut butter chips. I thought it was going to be delicious. I mean come on, bananas, chocolate, pecans and peanut butter.....yummy! Well, in my concoction, I didn't account for the extra sweetness of the chocolate and peanut butter and added too much honey, thus making it tooooo sweet.
And to top it off, I cooked it for an hour and stuck my little toothpick in to test its doneness. Well I thought it had finished baking, and THEN to my horror, when I went to dump it out, it fell completely apart and was still completely uncooked batter in the middle. DISASTER. It fell completely apart on my kitchen counter. The warm dough tasted pretty darn good, but it all went immediately into the trash.
I'll keep experimenting, but hopefully this disaster will be my last......what a terrible waste of perfectly delicious ingredients!

No comments: