Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!!!!

It's election day and I'm so excited because it's over. The 24-7 coverage of everything from voter fraud to negative ads is coming to a close. While I truly love the election process and have been an active participant in every year, I'm just so ready for it to be concluded. Unfortunately I have seen nastiness in the last few weeks which only serves as a discouragement at how petty things have become.
But I'm grateful that we still live in the freest country in the world, where every adult has the right to vote as long as they can prove they are who they say they are. I am desperately praying for a peaceful transition process regardless of who wins and I'm hopeful that over the next four years, that just like the song says, God will "shed his grace on thee...from sea to shining sea"

No comments: