Monday, August 18, 2008

Random thoughts and observations

Ok, I haven't blogged in a while and I don't have a particular topic so I'm just going to dish on some various subject matters.
  • Straight talking John McCain made Barack Obama look like an inexperienced politician who's running for school board on the saddleback showdown. Kudos to Rick Warren for asking some compelling questions and getting to the heart of the issues that make our country unique. If you haven't watched it and can find a rebroadcast, it's worth every minute.
  • I was reading an article in the New Yorker about Emily Dickinson and it actually referred to her as "a spinster of thirty-one." How unfortunate......that's my age......
  • I have had more conference calls in the last month, than I've had in my whole life in total up to this point. I guess that happens when your boss moves to another state.
  • I got a new zoom lens for my camera, it's a pentax 50mm-300mm. It's awesome.
  • I've been thinking a lot lately about how important it is that women allow the men in their lives the freedom to be imperfect. Sometimes we can set guys up on a pedastal and be so easily disappointed when they mess up. They aren't perfect and we shouldn't expect them to be.
  • God thinks I'm beautiful. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." My small group is doing an amazing book called "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" by Angela Thomas. I am learning so much.
  • I am so thankful for Faith, Hope and Love.

No comments: