Tuesday, July 22, 2008

cell phone ettiquette

ok, I'm sure cell phone ettiquette has been blogged about ad nauseum but I'd like to add my 2 cents based on my own experiences.
1. Do NOT call anyone you don't really know on their cell before 9 a.m.
2. Do NOT call anyone you don't know that well on their cell phone--that's what office line voicemail is for. Just because you have it because it's on their business card doesn't mean you should freely use it. Always call office until you've been invited to feel free to call the cell phone. this mainly applies to work related scenarios.
3. If you have AT&T you can't call me until after 9p. Only my Verizon friends can talk to me between 7a and 9p. Ha! I'm mostly kidding!
4. If someone calls you, try to return the call instead of returning it with a text--if possible. Unless you're trying to avoid in which case, text away....
5. If you're a male, single, and between the ages of 29 and 38, call or text anytime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ignoring #3

Julie's Common Sensibilities said...

I'd like to also add, if I call you, and you're in your car, TURN YOUR RADIO DOWN!!!!

Unknown said...

I'd just like to know who these biatches on the NYC bus at 7:55 AM are talking to at that bloody hour? No one should be yakking on the phone at that time of the day, especially not in public where we are all held captive. Shut the hell up!!!